Wednesday, December 7, 2011

To Act or Not To Act

             An opportunity I was given was just this past summer and it was to volunteer my time as a counsellor at the humane society to help kids become aware how to handle and take care of animals. I decided to take this opportunity and I am glad I did. I helped these kids know that not all experiences with animals have to be bad and how to treat an animal properly. It gave me a sense of what it is like to take initiative and teach others about a subject. I enjoyed this experience and am glad that I got this opportunity and that there was such a positive feedback from the kids going to the camp.




5 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    This sounds like fun and I agree with you that it is important that knowing how to treat animals properly without hurting them. Especially if they have a pet at home!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you took this opportunity, and this is great, because you see a lot of animal abuse. Little steps like this will really have an influence. Your post is great, and you helped make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sound like a really great way to spend your summer! It's great that you did something proactive, and that you decided to take action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great opportunity. I'm glad you got to teach kids about animals, a subject that often gets over looked. Way to stay active.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah! What a awesome opportunity!! I have never been able to work first hand with animals and child at the same time. This sounds like a very creative way to act and give back to the community since you are helping both humans and helping animals!

    ReplyDelete