Tuesday, May 22, 2012

How Will I Make A Change?

As I move on to the next phase in my life, I wish to become more involved with helping children. I want to feel the accomplishment of at least making a few children's lives that much better. Even though I may not be able to actually help globally I can start locally. I'm hoping that maybe I can volunteer at a recreation center or a shelter for teenagers so that I can make their lives better and keep them safe. Even when I was in middle school I always helped out in the kindergarten classrooms because I enjoyed teaching younger kids. I hope that with all my volunteering experience I have at least affected one child's life. I want to be that person to make a change and help that one kid stay on the right path and become successful. when teaching a kid something new and they get to that finishing point where they understand it, it's the most rewarding feeling in the world. I can't wait to make a change and help kids stay out of trouble.

2 comments:

  1. I think its awesome you want to work with the youth! As well, I like how you eventually want to work on a global scale as well. I think that is an important goal to have as an active global citizen! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome how you have such a clear idea of what you want to do! you will start small, but who knows you could probably accomplish some really great things one day:) I also very much like to work with children.

    ReplyDelete