Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What Have I Learned About Myself?

Throughout the course we learned about many different issues and I really found out a lot about myself. I learned that in the end I really wasn't aware of the extent of some of the issues but I also learned that I want to make a change to help children. I found out that even though I'm confident voicing my opinion in a group of friends when it comes to speaking in class discussions or debates I'm very shy and self-conscious of what people with think when I say my piece. I also learned that when presenting I get very nervous but now that the year is coming to an end I have become more confident, especially if I have an interest and knowledge on the topic. I also learned that I really care about the rights of children in other countries and that I want to do something to help them have better lives. At the end of this year I have realized that I just need to speak my mind if I truly believe my opinion and just let people say what they want as long as I stick to my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I am glad you can admit that you have learned a lot from this course and originally you did not know a lot. I know that sounds cheesy but I think its a brave thing to say especially when reflecting on an educational course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're the same in reagards to being more comfortable voicing our opinions in the presence in a small group or friends. I want to continue to built my debate and speaking skills. Tt's great that you got
    better at it!

    ReplyDelete